Thursday, April 18, 2013

Sisters


When I think of sister there is this movie that i think about „my brother nikhil“ I think it is a very realistic take on a brother-sister bond and the movie explores the relationship beautifully . I think I thought of this mostly because I have always felt that the relationship between a brother and a sister can never be as close as it is between two sisters. Of course that’s not necessarily true but I guess I am yet to see it in first person to be completely convinced of it. I can not imagine that the way I turn to my sisters at absolutely random moments in life that a brother would too.

Calling them at some ungodly hour in the night to ask about a song that I can not completely remember but can really not leave alone either; like a speck of food stuck in your gums! Calling them for just a regular rant about life, about work about love life, husband and yes the most favourite topic lately our mom-in-laws. There is something liberating about having sisters, you do not need to be anyone that you are not, you can be as bad as you want and almost get away with it. The place where this relationship scores over a lot of parent kid relationship is that, they are not as responsible for you as parents hence you can tell them more worrisome things and feel less guilty about the whole thing.

Also they will be the first ones to tell you what is good bad or ugly about you. Weather you like it or not. Infact weather you want it to not, the opinion is going to be shared with you pat... like that. Needless to say anyone can do with that kind of brutally honest feedback. Infact often when I see people dressed up inappropriately or garishly or doing something completely stupid, I wonder if they have any sisters who will promptly and tactlessly show them the mirror.

And that shall I say lack of consideration and tact and love and warmth and all overbearing things possible all rolled into one is how I feel when I think of the word sisters! And brothers although loving and all, somehow loose it in the consideration and tact department. What I mean to say is somehow they are not able to be as crisp as sisters. But then I am not completely qualified to make this statement this is just a strong suspicion at best on my part.

2 comments:

  1. A bond between two women is always stronger than any other relationship and definitely more special. I also think the media and marketing guys underplay this.

    Coming to the piece you wrote, I Loved it. Simple yet manages to touch a chord.
    Two sisters ! I so envy you .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup that part of my life sure is enviable, the rest I am not sure ;) Also I can write this here so safely because neither of them are likely to visit this page at all. Other wise sisters being complimentary to each other in front of each other.... never :P

    ReplyDelete