Monday, March 15, 2010

Revenge

For years it has been me who has been going to the animal house, spending hours in that place fit only for the creatures that are housed in them. Fit for no human being. All the dirty work of cleaning the cages, the shit and the dead fall to me. I don’t get any part of the glory that these scientists claim as soon as one of these shows the kind of tumerous growth on one feet or neck; Later even more so when they can shrink it to size. It is I the unsung hero who has been at the back of all these discoveries silently toiling away at the beck and call of all these young and useless little twits who think they have a larger share of the pie because they make intellectual contribution to the project.

I had a nice vacation planned to spend time with my Vinny in the garden. We both have been looking forward to this day for such a long time. Just because I don’t have a safari booked as my honeymoon and I am not getting married on this weekend , does it make my holiday any less earned that this wh*** and ass of a woman who comes masquerading into the lab thrice a week and everyone seems to eat out of her hands! And I don’t give a crap about the time that she is supposed to be spending in the clinic, if she is not in the lab she could be out shopping for all I know, preparing for her big day.

Do people who aren’t getting married; not entitled to a holiday? Are their needs less important? Are their holidays less deserved? Anyway not that anyone has even been thinking about these questions? Easy for them to say that “Peter you can take care of the mice for this weekend cant you? Its not like you have to be somewhere!” sure I will take care of them, after all it’s the mice I dearly love. I can spend hours with them, talking to them being with them. Why else would I consent to spend hours in the animal house? Not for the money it pays me for sure! Today is the last day that woman will see the animal house or any other house or anything for that matter. She is leaving her all her hard work of all these years behind in that room in my care she says….

Little does she know she will leave more than all that she will leave her life behind tonight in that animal room. All that hullabaloo for a wedding that is not going to be but then… they don’t know that do they? Not all that high and mighty are they? All these doctors and PhDs…

If only they could let me and Vinny be on our own this weekend. I wouldn’t have to …

No comments:

Post a Comment