Thursday, February 4, 2010

Pensive


Sometimes I feel so overwhelmed with don't know what but the only outlet then seems to pour it out on the paper or screen in this case. Theres just nothing else to do than just type on with some music playing as a background and letting your mind wander and wonder.

There is nothing that is particularly wrong with life in fact probably nothing but its just like there is such a back log of things that I sometimes have been in too much of a hurry to have felt. It becomes necessary to kind of re-visit it before you can move on. I miss not having a "pensive" in such times. I think writing for me is also akin to putting the slivery slivers into my pensive. Is there anyone else out there that has had such bouts?

I absolutely love the concept of memory, its wonderful to be able to go back and re-live it, re-create it in your head. The most interesting thing of it all is that all this kind of takes you by total surprise, mostly when you are least expecting it. It could be a song, a face, a colour, just randomly anything at all. Most times there is no discernible link between the trigger and the memory that is triggered. Although that does not stop you from trying to find a connection. At times I do succeed but that is not the point of the whole exercise if thats what it is. Mind thankfully keeps track of all that we feel, sometimes it also keeps what we have not felt. Some of my experiences have certainly enhanced upon revisiting it in my head. Bizarre as it sounds I think it is true.


No comments:

Post a Comment